Going Green Fueled By Creative Energy
Uptown Studios is proud to announce that we have moved to greener pastures… in print and the way we operate our business. The crew at Uptown Studios has made a commitment to work as a sustainable business and to help our clients be as green as possible.
Uptown Studios Promises
We want to help YOU see the environmental benefits of becoming greener in your marketing materials. Greener actions include cutting your print order by utilizing an interactive PDF, a new web page or video clip instead of that large print run. When you do print, make sure it is on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) approved paper. If we manage your printing you don’t have to worry – it will always be FSC paper and inks that are environmentally safe.
We will be working closely with you to reduce your printing, save you money and give you alternative options that have a low or zero carbon footprint.
Uptown Studios is Making it Happen
- We offer printing on FSC Certified Paper (Forest Stewardship Council fscus.org) or 100% recycled when FSC is unavailable and by utilizing FSC certified print vendors when available. These printers have been certified under scrutiny for best environmental practices through a process that we can count on (through the FSC).
- We recommend print options that are the greenest possible alternatives, so if printed waste does end up in a landfill, we can ensure decomposition will take place properly.
- We use inks that are vegetable-based with the lowest VOC – these inks are recognized as the most environmentally safe in the printed world.
- We select ink colors that have limited metal content, so when the printed piece is recycled there are low amounts of metal content affecting the environment.
- We size your print materials to the standard sheet size, so there is reduced waste from unused paper on the sheet (this is a frequently overlooked issue).
- We adamantly recommend alternative designed pieces that will drive people to your website to view documents online, download interactive PDFs, view digital videos and animations – all of these items will support your message and be carbon free footprints.
Software License for GoodPaper — $350
The license is a one time charge and allows you to host documents on your website.We will notifiy you when there are product upgrades, there may be charges for upgrades.
Create a “GoodPaper” document — $350 – $500
Depending on the number of final links and pages that are in the document
GoodPaper Publication Options:
- Magazine – soft cover, small pages thickness and automatically flipping corner
- Document – text presentations, spreadsheets
- Hard Cover- visible page thickness.
- Photo Album – full screen photos, single page navigation, slideshow
Features included with “GoodPaper”
- Mobile Viewing from iPad, iPhone, Android
- Sharing – Facebook, Twitter & Email
- Live URL Link Placement
- Zooming / Pinch Zoom Capabilities
- Table of Contents – Link to Page
- Search Option
- Page Thumbnail View
- Text Select and Copy
- Background Music Option
- Copyright Options
- Keyword SEO – Meta Tags
- Google Analytics
- Link to Website
Last but not least – as a rule of thumb, we reduce your printed materials by 25% while improving your results by utilizing effective, alternative green production methods. We are here to prove it’s possible.
“I’m not an environmentalist. I’m an Earth warrior.”
— Darryl Cherney