Uptown Studios utilizes robust, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standard Web technologies and makes user experience the number one priority when creating any website.
Our refined website design, mobile web design and development process efficiently manages time and money to ensure your complete satisfaction. All of our services are aimed at providing you with a targeted look and feel, while utilizing rock-solid technology. We service clients from Placerville, El Dorado, Auburn to Vacaville and Fairfield. Our office is located in Sacramento.
We divide our process into three categories – customizing each phase to meet your needs:
- Phase I – Planning and Design
- Phase II – Site Development
- Phase III – Content and Review – Site Launch
When you request a quote (you can click here) on a new site we will send a detailed description of modules you can choose from as well as items we highly recommend. Once you decide which features will be most beneficial to your website, we will prepare a detailed scope of work and contract for you to review, sign and return to us.
Click on “Our Clients” for a partial list of websites that we have created and currently maintain.
Uptown Studios is here to help with:
- Custom design – We create a custom look and feel from the ground up based on your organization’s branding, viewer demographics and website functionality needs.
Here are some samples of custom site designs:
- The Center for Land-Based Learning
- Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District
- Mutual Housing California
- Rio Hondo College CTE Articulation
- Transportation California
- Uptown Studios
- Web Site Maintenance and Web Management– We are here to support you in the maintenance of your website, from text updates to programming new features. We strive to make text changes within one day for standard updates for our monthly clients. We are available to help with issues as they may arise.
- We will receive all information from Staff and post within 1 1/2 to two days of receipt of materials
- We will assure the quality and integrity of the site and maintain the “brand”
- You will email any changes you want to make weekly or biweekly
- Any requests that will bring us over the monthly contract will generate a new proposal
- We will perform a monthly site review and analysis based on time available on your monthly contract
- We will improve SEO with use of keywords and connections with social media accounts
NOTE: We will only bill for the time spent each month not to exceed our monthly agreed upon amount, and if we don’t work on your site we DON’T bill you anything.
- Mobile Website Design – More than 80% of all internet activity is people using their mobile devices. Since August 2012 we recommend that all websites we create be mobile-compatible using responsive web design (RWD). Our responsive sites work with iPhone, Blackberry, Android devices, iPad, iPad Mini, and all other mobile devices.
- Databases – We have designed custom database structures for Community Colleges, Corporate Training Programs, the State of California and various other organizations.
Check out some of our best dababase design and developments:
- A database is useful when:
- The information you collect and use is a large amount that would become unmanageable in a traditional spreadsheet format
- Maintaining records for ongoing use
- The information is subject to many changes (change of address, pricing changes, etc.)
- Generating reports based on the information
- WordPress sites – For our clients who want to take a more active role in managing and updating the content of their web site; we recommend WordPress as our CMS (Content Management System) of choice.
Check out these samples of custom WordPress sites:
- We believe in WordPress because:
- Its interface makes it easier to edit, update and maintain your own website
- It is open source and amazing programmers are making it better everyday with the inclusion of new plugins for such options as SEO, RSS and e-commerce
- It is a cost effective way to get a website up and running quickly and easily
- Responsive Web Design (RWD) – More often, we are accessing websites with our mobile devices such as phones and tablets rather than a traditional desktop. A Responsive Web Design is coded to have a flexible, fluid layout that “responds” and adapts to almost any screen.
View some samples of WordPress sites with Responsive Design:
- Custom Modules– We develop custom website modules such as:
- Password protected file uploaders that can act as a small database to store files on your website and share them with your board, staff or selected viewers.
- Testimonial uploaders to encourage fans of your organization to sing your praises by submitting an online testimonial about you.
- Keywords - Keyword research is the foundation to successfully marketing your website on the Internet. Finding and implementing the most popular and relevant keywords for your brand is vital to driving traffic to your website.
- Search Engine Optimization – Search engine optimization, or SEO for short, is making your site and the site’s individual pages visible and relevant to both search engines and search engine users by creating keyword-rich content and well written keywords to implement on your website.