HAPPY NEW YEAR…IS IT?
It feels a bit more like an extended 2020 to me. I realize it is a brand new year, but the way this year got started was not like a rocket but more like a rock.
So much trouble, trials, and tribulation around us. I like to promote the positive in all things and stay optimistic through and through, but I gotta tell you: this is testing me.
Pictured: Tina’s ceramic bowls
SO LET’S TALK ABOUT THE SILVER LININGS WE EXPERIENCED LAST YEAR, SHALL WE?
- We all figured out how to work remotely and to enjoy it…for the most part.
- I can’t remember not knowing how to use Zoom and wanting all my calls on it. I don’t think I have had a single regular phone call without seeing the person on the other end.
- I think everyone has done major organizing, cleaning, and renovations at their homes. We are all building our paradises since we have to stay home. My wife Kate converted our garage into a clay studio and now in our spare time we make clay things. Let me know if you need a bowl!
- I have learned it is okay to cross the street when someone is approaching me and not feel rude.
- We have completed eight 1,000 piece puzzles here at my house.
- We binge watched all of Breaking Bad, again.
THE BEST PART OF THE CLOSE OF THE YEAR WAS:
- One of our super graphic designers, Kara, and her husband welcomed their first child! We are so excited to have a new addition of the Uptown Studios family.
Find some joy every single day and share it where you can.
Happy 2021 and let’s all be healthy and happy,