I am a big fan of Small Business Saturday – it is one of the best days to support all the small businesses in your community – especially during COVID. There are some simple ways to reach out and shop without leaving your home. Big business gets their boost from Black Friday the day before and it is important that we help support all businesses – especially the Mom and Pop stores.
Small Business Saturday
Small Business Saturday was started by American Express, in partnership with he non-profit National Trust for Historic Preservation and Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino. Seeing how small businesses needed community support.
- Contact the business on the phone and place your orders and then swing by – with your mask on- and pick up your purchases.
- Email them your orders and ask if they have deliveries
- Plan your visit so you don’t have to stay too long inside shopping – and wear your mask!
- Visit their website and order online.
- Order food for delivery or pick up
Every purchase you make is helping a local person that lives in your community. It has been especially hard for small businesses to survive – You are the reason they will make it. Support your local businesses with your purchases.
- Start finding those special gifts on Small Business Saturday
- Each business will be having sales and discounts on 11/28/20 so save money
- Help support a thriving community.
The goal of Small Business Saturday is to remind people in your neighborhood that your purchases play a key role in helping the small businesses thrive. We are encouraging you to shop and dine local and support your small businesses.
- Small businesses create jobs for your local community
- The Mom and Pop shops really care about your community and neighborhoods
- Buying local keeps the money in your neighborhood
- Your dollars spent locally build local influence
- Local businesses create community relationships
- Less travel – helping the environment
Hope you have a fabulous holiday and spread your dollars around locally – enjoy!