When we create websites for our clients, we advise them on not only how to make it beautiful, but also how to get to the top in search engine results. Here are some SEO Tips on how to get Google, Yahoo and Bing to notice your sites and bring your target audience to you.
1. Create unique content on each of your pages, using search terms that visitors will use to find you.
2. Discover what visitors are actually searching for. Check your keywords.
3. Interlink your pages using good anchor text. The anchor text or link text is the visible, clickable text in a hyperlink.
4. Allow people to share your information on social media sites.
5. Get valuable back links. Like getting your funders to post your link on their site, google places, bing, yahoo etc. The number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (for example, this is used by Google to determine the page rank of a webpage).
6. Avoid duplicate content issues. You can link the same article and not duplicate it in your content.
7. Use descriptive URLs.
8. Let visitors leave reviews.
9. Include a sitemap to help Google find all your pages.
10. Update your website content regularly. At least monthly.
Wising you SEO success!