I LOVE giving gifts. All year round, I’m picking up gifts that I think would be great for people and either gifting them right away or saving them up for a birthday or special holiday. So, as you can imagine, December is a pretty exciting time for me. I get caught up in the excitement of the holidays and am a total consumer as I begin shopping for family and friends.
This year, however, I decided to focus more of my energy on giving back and translating that to all my gifts rather than just purchasing the latest gadget for my dad or brothers. I’m looking for cool websites that donate a portion of their proceeds or shopping at local small businesses. I’m also looking at ways to volunteer or donate to good causes in honor of those that I love. In that spirit, I would love to share with all of you some of my favorites:
- Uptown Studios Sock Drop – Help us collect socks for the homeless!
- Amazon Smile – Get your perfect gift AND donate to your favorite charity.
- Display California – Highlighting local and new talent, Display does a great job of stocking unique finds.
- About a Bite – Sweets galore!
- B Street Theatre – Make this year’s gift an experience. Treat them to a night out!
- Sempervirens Fund – For the outdoorsy, plant or dedicate a tree in their honor.
- Center for Land Based Learning and StocktonHarvest – Both are perfect for the organic, farm fresh lover in your life.
- GlobalGiving – Don’t know which charity to pick? Give them a gift card and let them pick the charity of their choice.
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore – Make your purchase count. Visit the ReStore and help build a home for someone.
- Local businesses – Visit http://www.exploremidtown.org/ and find info on all the great shops in Midtown Sacramento.
- Local charity drives – Reach out to your favorite charity or business and find out if they are doing a donation drive. Many great places collect clothes, toys and food this time of year. Just a couple of ideas, Shriners Hospital, Sacramento Native American Health Center, and Ana Apple.
Let’s make December 2015 and all of 2016 a time of giving!
When you need professional creative input – count on Uptown Studios. Get a quote on your next project: https://uptownstudios.net/get-a-quote/