Tina’s Two Bits
Thanksgiving is my personal favorite holiday (except perhaps Halloween). Our family comes over, we all cook, eat and play together and enjoy each other’s company.
Happy Thanksgiving – may your holiday be warm, healthy and filled with the people you love.
I also want to tell you what a joy it is to have the Uptown Studios crew – we have the perfect mix of wonderful and I so enjoy working on your projects with my Uptown Studios crew.
I want to thank each of our clients for choosing us as your creative team – we love making others look FABULOUS. Now it is time to begin our winter reflection and prepare for 2013 – and hopefully it will be even more wonderful with clients like each of you…
Hey, Uptown Studios Team – What are you thankful for?…
Leidhra Johnson, Social Media Manager
1. My family & friends (co-workers included). I am SO lucky to be surrounded by such awesome, supportive people who teach me new things every day. There are so many unique qualities I appreciate about each and every one of you, but I was asked to keep my list to three items 🙂
2. ROXANNE – my lovely not-so-mini dachshund who reminds me every day that unconditional love is real.
3. This charming city and its community. So often I have heard that Sacramento is boring and I am happy to say this statement couldn’t be further from true. Sacramento is a city full of opportunity and awesome people doing awesome things. I am grateful to be a part of this beautiful city’s community!
Sarah Barkawi, Project Director
1. My incredible life partner – Eli – who inspires me everyday to be the best person I can be, and who I fall a little more in love with each day.
2. My amazing friends and family near and far who provide endless amounts of love, support and creativity and fill my life with joy.
3. Uptown Studios – the opportunity to work for a progressive, community focused firm, have fun each and every day and work with the hardest working and awesomest crew!
Katrina Balcius, Executive Assistant/Office Manger
1. People. I love the wonderful people who surround me – my family, friends, co-workers and the constant flow of random folks. They have all helped shape me into the person I am today, and for that I am eternally thankful.
2. Dogs. The joy I receive just by looking at my pups, Buddy and Jefferson is uncanny. Please see my Instagram for proof.
3. Travel. A nomad at heart – I am so grateful for the ability to travel. The adventures I have, the people I meet, the places I go, all make my life pretty amazing.
Brent Stromberg, Web Developer
1. My wife and I will be celebrating our daughter Emily’s first birthday on December 8th. It has not been an easy first year because Emily is too much like her parents, stubborn and set in her ways. But I am so fortunate to have the most amazing wife in the whole world who has been such a beautiful and patient mother. She is too good for me yet she keeps me around, and for that I am thankful.
2. I was laid off at my last job back in June. It was sort of a good thing because I was very complacent there and wasn’t fulfilled. After getting laid off I was a little down, but I picked myself up and got serious about finding a new job. I walked into 6 or 7 different web firms around Sacramento and got really lucky that Uptown Studios was actually hiring! It was a rough start, but everyone here has been so patient with me and now I really feel like a part of the family. I am very thankful to be here doing what I love to do every day and hope to be here for many more years to come.
3. Twenty months ago when my wife and I found out we were going to have a baby, we had come to terms with raising a child in a two bedroom apartment in Midtown. We have enough room, we thought. Then my parents dropped a bomb shell on us by telling us that they were getting into the real estate business and wanted us to be their first tenants. We were able to move into a lovely 3 bedroom house in Rosemont and pay only a fraction of the rent we used to pay in Midtown. We are able to save money for our daughter’s future and would not have such an easy time if it wasn’t for my incredibly generous parents, and for that I am thankful.
Cris Weber, Art/Web Director
1. My health.
2. My family.
3. Having a job where I get to make a difference in the world.
Anton Weaver, Senior Designer
1. For out-of-town family making the journey home and realizing how no distance is too great to spend with the ones you love.
2. For being around those who appreciate good company and good celebrations. Shout out to Uptown Studios!
3. For cornbread stuffing, as I could just eat it all day long.
Kate Moore, Multimedia Director
Life is good. I’m so thankful for all the wonderful people in my life, my family, friends and my creative co-workers. I’m thankful that my job enables me to grow and work on projects that are not only challenging but often help make the world a better place.