Rebranding is the process of changing the look of your business to reflect current changes in design, message or audience.
The evolution of every successful business demands a thorough review at the company’s brand from time to time. Here are some of the critical steps to rebranding your business.
- Business Growth or Expansion
At Uptown Studios we initiated a redesign to coincide with our new creative space – a renovated warehouse to house our expanding team and a place to have business events and speakers.
- Change in Target Audience
Trying to reach a different audience – research what they are looking for and what they like and incorporate elements into the new designs.
Consider These Important Issues:
- Maintain Current Brand Recognition
It’s important when rebranding to maintain some of your original identity. Find ways to incorporate the things that work in the current brand.
- Does Your New Brand Reflect Who You Are
What are the company values and mission? Can you have fun with the redesign or do you want to come across as serious?
- What Are the Risks?
When you start your redesign, ask yourself and your team, will the people who know who we are now – continue to know who we are?
- How Will the New Design Move Your Vision Forward?
Ask yourself why the redesign and what you hope to achieve.
Here is a checklist of important things to include in your redesign:
- Update Your Logo
- Keep or Update your Tagline
- Are You Changing Your Colors?
- What Fonts Will You Use?
- Create a Style Guide – This is key to keeping all materials consistent
Rebranding Business Materials
- Promotions – post cards, brochures, stickers, buttons, mugs,
- Animated Graphics – Video Branding
Rebranding Your Website
- Website Design
- Internal Web Pages
- Staff Photos
Social Media Channels
- Facebook Profile & Cover Photo
- Twitter – Customize Your Design
- YouTube & Google Plus Channel Art
- Instagram – Company Logo
- LinkedIn – Image and Company Logo
- Google Places
- Facebook Places
Get the Word Out and Celebrate
Now that you have updated your brand, get the word out! Shout it out on your social media channels, send out a press release to local business magazines, local TV morning shows, place some ads. Share the look of the new rebrand with blogs, videos and memes.
Check out our redesign on our new updated website: https://uptownstudios.net